Sincerely apologize for how late this is. Really chaotic two weeks since the last huge post. I had to split this one just because of background work being so intense. I’ll have the rest up on Tuesday. I don’t picture that one being late since it’s 65% finished.

So, in short, we finished remodeling the kids rooms. Looks great. Ordered them all new furniture from Rooms To Go (free plug.) FurnitureΒ looks awesome, and they assembled it right in their rooms. Minor complaints were being up until 4am trying to get paint done and we had to touch it up when they left. Giant shoe scuffs. And they left a monster gouge in our hardwood floor, which we were able to patch up, luckily. It all worked out.


Kids were at their moms when this was done. Took an entire day just to lug all their crap to the living room. You never realize the shear amount of utter junk your kids have until you have to handle every single piece of it, multiple times. Got to the point I didn’t have table or sofa space so I was just throwing it in trash bags by the front door. Had to take all their old bed sets out to the garage for some future yard sale. Then we tore down their ceilings, which took 2-3 days. Cleaning the plaster off the hardwood and out of the cracks took another. Painting and hole patching took 3 days. Had to get new blinds since they tore off the strings and wands as toddlers.

We had so much rain and wind the last few weeks three of our neighbors trees fell over in our front yard. And this guy is in his 90’s so he isn’t doing much about it. This came from his ‘side forest.’ Essentially an extra lot he owns between himself and us that’s nothing but overgrowth. He somehow manages the strength to be crotchety and put no trespassing signs in these woods, pointed at our house.. but actually maintaining the property? Not so much.

I had to cut at least 6 smaller trees to clear room to get the three bigger trees out.. then cut those up. Mulch the smaller limbs, mow the tiny crap over. Spent two days in the scorching heat just for that.

Spent a day out in Huntsville to find furniture. R2G had to set up three separate deliveries, so I had to be available all day for all of those. I used to help with deliveries and logistics, so I had my own dolly and helped them. Got it all in place, then had to go piece by piece and sort what the kids got to keep and didn’t. Whatever was voted down, went out to the garage. Clothes included. Rewashed all remaining clothes and bedsheets. This took 2 days. Moved their keep-able stuff back in and hung their new curtains and wall fixtures. Scrubbed their fans. That was a day.

By this point I was so profoundly fatigued I was taking breaks every 15 minutes.

Kids get back from their moms after a day of driving out of state and love their rooms. And not just them.

I have Jackson set up for another breathing specialist in 2 days. He’s moving his stuff around, and I ask if he’s done his morning inhaler. He pulls out his emergency one.
Me: “Why are you using the emergency one?”
Him: “I told mom I needed a refill but she never got it.”

So they’re at their moms for about 5 weeks, and she never gets him his meds. I’m just wtf-ing at this point. He’s got to get another screening and God only knows how long he’s gone without his regular medicine. His Emergency Meds are NOT a substitute. Also disappointed it’s 1) His mother not getting him a refill who is 2) training to become an RN.

So I just drop everything and rush to the pharmacy. “Oh sorry, there’s been an insurance coverage change.. we need to file paperwork with your doctor and get approval. Could take a day. Check back tomorrow.” So he goes straight into the screening with nothing. Doctor verifies prescription pickups during the time they’re with mom: ZERO.
Go back to the pharmacy, “Here’s another emergency inhaler… we’ll have the real stuff tomorrow.”

See, if she had attempted to do anything, I would’ve known about the insurance issue eons ago and got it worked out. So this whole prolonged thing resulted in three times the hassle for me AND his breathing test came back worse than the last one. He had done so well before he was supposed to get his medication adjusted and would need to be screened less per year (less expensive overall.) So the negligence is also costing me more money on top of the huge set back with his breathing.

So we’re crazy fatigued, tired.. lots of driving, sorting, waiting around, or sweating to death in the sun.. but you know what.. it’s slowly getting better and things are improving minus some setbacks. Lot of hurdles here, but we’re staying positive. Then we get home and I look out the side window…

Our neighbor on the other side of ourΒ home has put up a “U NO POOPO HERE” sign facing our house. Oh they didnt spend money on this.. it was HAND MADE by them. Not kidding.
And this sign isn’t pointed down the street at the rest of our loop, which their back yard faces. No, it’s pointed at us, at the start of our street, right down our driveway. Everyone driving in and out can see it. The mayor and the entire chamber of commerce lives on our loop. And you want to talk about small town gossipers…

This was done to shame us, because apparently our dog (who is not a lab) has gotten incredibly lazy. Instead of going in our yard or spreading it around the neighborhood (which the other neighborhood dogs have done) she’s picked their mailbox asΒ her go-to spot every single day. It’s the ‘just right’ spot. The ‘Cheers’ bar of dumping places.

Yes, this is an issue, and it’s MY responsibility to deal with. It’s my dog who uses a doggie door to go out.Β  That would never have once been a problem had I known it was happening.
Problem was, they spent all the time in the world to:
-clean up the dog messes
-be annoyed for weeks
-get materials
-make a sign
-post sign knowing what it would look like to a neighborhood that loves stupid drama

…. and never ONCE talking to me about it.

So I went over and spent half a day chit-chatting and easing tensions with the neighbor lady. She even apologized and said she should have talked to us.
I said “I wish you would have. We even bought you flowers for your yard last spring. I thought we were cool.”
Her: “Well… it just seems like you guys got kind of unapproachable. You know we tried waving and it’s like you didn’t have the time.”
Me: “Like when I was just out in the yard all weekend? I noticed you guys were out too.”
Her: “Yeah”
Me: “I was probably on my third heat stroke.”

So here we are. They call me the fireman. Putting out fires all over town.
See you Tuesday. <3

UPDATE: Again, gotta push this off to this coming Tuesday. All this running around has definitely caught up to me. Felt incredibly sick all week. I think I gave myself an ulcer cause my insides have been on fire for days. Worked on this next comic a ton, but it’s still got a lot of background elements to finish. Profusely apologize, guys. See you soon.